Online Profiles

University of Connecticut - 2016

print entire profile


Admissions Information

Graduate Admission to the College of Engineering

Application materials may be obtained from the graduate admission office: Graduate Admissions, University of Connecticut, Whetten Graduate Center, 438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152, Storrs, CT 06269-1152, or an online application can be accepted at Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent and must submit all previous transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and a personal letter of application. The Graduate Admissions Office requires that the following be received by Feb. 1 for the fall semester or November 1 for the spring semester: (1) application for admisison; (2) processing fee; and (3) official transcript from each college attended. A non-refundable fee of $55 for online application or $75 for a paper application. This fee is for US citizens or international students. For more information please refer to

Graduate Admission to an Engineering Department

Many departments or programs require or recommend that test scores be submitted for the Graduate Record Examinations.
Some departments and programs have additional requirements for admission into graduate studies. Applicants should consult the department to which they are applying for any additional information. For more information please refer to

Entrance Requirements for Foreign Students

TOEFL with minimum 550 on the paper test or 80 for the internet based test.

Residency Requirements

The graduate student can fulfill the special demands of a doctoral program only by devoting a continuous period of time to concentrated study and patient research with a minimum of outside distraction or employment. At least two consecutive semesters must be completed in residence.

Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students

Transfer of credit for course work completed at other institutions is approved only after the student has demonstrated the ability to do acceptable graduate work. Such ability must be demonstrated by successful completion of graduate-level, University of Connecticut course work. The equivalent of 6 credits of graduate work completed at accredited institutions may be accepted toward a doctoral program. Transfer credit is not granted for courses used toward a degree elsewhere.