Online Profiles

Brigham Young University - 2016

print entire profile


Admissions Information

Graduate Admission to the College of Engineering

Submit a complete application before application deadline (varies by department), with application fee, official transcript(s), statement of intent, and ecclesiastical endorsement. Agree to maintain University standards of personal conduct. Receive a baccalaureate degree from an accredited US or Canadian university before entry. Have at least a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 semester hours of course work. Satisfy departmental requirements for consideration, including national exams (such as GRE or FE exams).

Graduate Admission to an Engineering Department

See admission requirements for the Fulton College of Engineering & Technology.

Entrance Requirements for Foreign Students

In addition to standard application process, submit TOEFL scores. Students with a BS from a US or Canadian university are exempt from this requirement. Submit a completed Financial Certification form (I-1). Submit an official transcript from each institution attended. Submit official copy of a degree certificate showing completion of a program at least equivalent to a US BS degree.

Entrance Requirements for Non-Resident Students

Same as Resident Requirements.

Residency Requirements

US graduate students must register for at least 6 semester hours each year with acceptable grades to remain in the graduate program. International students must register for at least 9 semester hours each fall and each winter semester to fulfill US Immigration requirements. Doctoral students must register for at least two consecutive 6-hour semesters on the BYU campus.

Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students

Transfer students must adhere to the College admissions requirements. Nondegree, senior, and transfer credit, singly or combined, cannot exceed 10 semester hours of a graduate program. These hours will be accepted if they meet the following conditions: must be clearly graduate level; grade for any such course must be B or better (no pass/fail); home study, correspondence, and extension courses are not transferable; credit cannot have applied to another degree. Credit from foreign universities can be considered for transfer only if certified by special examination.