Online Profiles

California State University, Sacramento - 2016

print entire profile



Undergraduate Admission to the College of Engineering

The undergraduate admission requirements for the College of Engineering are the same as the institution's undergraduate admission requirements.

Undergraduate Admission to an Engineering Department

High school study should include the following: 2 years algebra, 1 year plane geometry, 1/2 year trigonometry, 1 year chemistry, 1 year physics, and 1 year mechanical drawing (for Civil and Mechanical Engineering majors). Computer literacy and programming, analytic geometry and calculus are desirable.

Entrance Requirements for Foreign Students

Foreign student entrance requirements to the College of Engineering and Computer Science are the same as those for foreign students applying to the Institution.

Entrance Requirements for Non-Resident Students

California State University: Complete the form on California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request.
Contact the Office of Admission and Records at the CSU campus where you are enrolled or intend to
enroll for instructions on submission, deadline information, and additional requirements. You will be
required to submit final high school transcripts and appropriate records of high school graduation or the
equivalent, if you have not done so already. Call the Office of Admissions and Records at the campus if
you have questions.

Residency Requirements

The campus Admissions Office determines the residence status of all new and returning students for nonresident tuition purposes. Responses to the Application for Admission and, if necessary, other evidence furnished by the student, are used in making this determination. A student who fails to submit adequate information to establish a right to classification as a California resident will be classified as a nonresident. Transfer students are admitted either as residents or non-residents and pay the appropriate tuition fees.

Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students

Admission is currently closed to lower-division students. Upper-division students must have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester units or 90 quarter units by the end of the preceding spring. Students must have completed with a C- or higher the following: A1, Oral Communication; A2, Written Communication; A3, Critical Thinking, and B4, Math (beyond intermediate algebra). They must also have completed 30 units in CSU General Education requirements or IGETC and be in good standing at the the last college or university attended. A new California resident must have a minimum GPA of 2.4.