Online Profiles

Wright State University - 2016

print entire profile


Admissions Information

Graduate Admission to the College of Engineering

The basic requirement for admission to the M.S. programs is a bachelor's degree in the major or a related area with an overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) for engineering or 3.0 for computer engineering or computer science. The minimum admission requirements for the Ph.D. program in engineering is a B.S. from an ABET-accredited engineering program, with a minimum 3.0 GPA, or an M.S. from an engineering program, with a minimum 3.5 GPA. The minimum admission requirements for the Ph.D. program in computer science and engineering is a B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or a related area, with a minimum 3.3 GPA. Scores on the GRE General Test are required of all applicants for the M.S. in CS or CEG and the Ph.D. programs.

Graduate Admission to an Engineering Department

Same as admission to the college.

Entrance Requirements for Foreign Students

If the applicant's native language is not English, a minimum score of 213(CBT) or 79/120(IBT) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required or a band 6 through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). PTE scores are a minimum of 57. Applicants must also meet Immigration and Naturalization Service visa requirements.

Entrance Requirements for Non-Resident Students

Same as for resident students.

Residency Requirements

Completion of a minimum of 50% of the required graduate credit hours toward the master's degree must be completed at Wright State University. Students in a Ph.D. program are considered to be in residence for any term for which they are registered for at least eight quarter hours or six semester hours of Wright State graduate courses. A minimum residence of three consecutive full-time academic quarters or two consecutive full-time academic semesters at Wright State University, devoted wholly to graduate work, is required.

Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students

Same as for other students.